Digimobs Forum

Forum for the Minecraft Mod Digimobs

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Surviving the 1.11.2 transfer-The discussion.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cyan
Admin

PostSubject: Surviving the 1.11.2 transfer-The discussion.   Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:32 pm

So to start this off, I am posting this purely for a discussion and "for your information" type of post. I'm not going to put up with the whining crap that has gone on in some previous topics, especially because this is all going to essentially be information that was already given anyway.

Now that that's how of the way, the damage report so far:

As per usual, nothing is certainly too simple. And I know that despite making some of these things known in the announcement for the reset, that I'm still going to get people lashing out for it.

So what hasn't survived the update?

Claims-ALREADY went over this, but the GriefPrevention version we were using for claims is incompatible with the one for 1.11.2. So yes, all of your claims, and blocks, have been reset. But we are still using the same plugin. This just means starting fresh, like I mentioned before.

Money- This one I was uncertain of to begin with, but all money has also been wiped. TotalEconomy(that is, the plugin that keeps up with your money), also had an incompatible update to their plugin. They've essentially added a file called "Accounts" that keeps better track of all players and their money(and also keeps track of who has the most for all those competitive wealthy people)

And like I mentioned, because it has been reset, I will be starting everyone off who logs in within the first week(which will start whenever the server comes un-whitelisted) a balance of 5000, as opposed to 500.

Now for the more tricky and upsetting part.

CustomNPCs- As I mentioned Tuesday, CustomNPCs apparently underwent some changes...and,well, they were more extensive than I thought.
NPCs themselves were wiped due to 1.11.2's new entity ID system. This is, of course why the server is still whitelisted as we at least try to set back up the main quest npcs for now.

Items and Blocks-For some incredibly stupid reason, Noppes decided to take all the items and blocks out of customNPCS and put them in their own mod. So what this means is that they all have new IDs. That means they are all erased, and there is not a single thing that can be done about it. Feel free to go lash out at Noppes on that one. Which brings me back to my point.

THIS is why I said that only your inventory and ender chest were guaranteed to transfer, and to use anything else at your own risk. I know there was a lot of talk about using crates and sealing them up to transfer more stuff, and you have unfortunately lost anything in them if you tried this.
And I'd like to repeat before people come unglued on me, that this is in no way something I can control, because customNPCs is not my mod

So please keep all of this in mind for when the server becomes un-whitelisted, as my tolerance for this type of whining at me is guaranteed to be a lot lower than usual.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://digimobs.forumotion.com
Lorthalion1
In-Training Digimon
In-Training Digimon

PostSubject: Re: Surviving the 1.11.2 transfer-The discussion.   Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:42 pm

went smoother then the last time guess sponge finally stepped up their game?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Namkcaws
In-Training Digimon
In-Training Digimon

PostSubject: Re: Surviving the 1.11.2 transfer-The discussion.   Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:39 pm

So THAT'S why the blocks & stuff are gone from CustomNPCs.....GDI NOPPES!

I'm also willing to bet that he didn't fix that damn stack-merging glitch, either.....unless having the items seperate WAS the fix.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HalfFarmandabr0
Baby Digimon

PostSubject: Re: Surviving the 1.11.2 transfer-The discussion.   Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:51 am

Concerning the crates:
IF you filled Crayfish's Furniture crates, there is a chance that some of your items may be safe. I had a friend in the server inform me that they were able to get their crates (again the Crayfish kind) from their enderchest, and found that they still had the items they had put in.
Although if it was a Customnpc item in the crate, there is still a good chance it is deleted or been morphed due to id conflicts and such.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Surviving the 1.11.2 transfer-The discussion.   

Back to top Go down

Surviving the 1.11.2 transfer-The discussion.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1