Digimobs Forum

Forum for the Minecraft Mod Digimobs

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Afraid that the server won't open in a good European time

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
An8rchy
Baby Digimon

PostSubject: Afraid that the server won't open in a good European time   Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:59 am

As the title says, theres hours left for the server to reset, and i couldnt log in cuz of the outage, im starting to get worry if the server wont open since theres only 2 hours until 8pm and the server hasnt opened to put the crates in my inv.
Is it possible to delay the reset 1 day since the outage happend ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cyan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Afraid that the server won't open in a good European time   Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:44 pm

To be determined.
I posted up about the reset a MONTH ahead of time for a reason.
I'm tempted to just say you shouldn't have waited until the last minute.

But I will update everyone in a little while on what I decide to do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://digimobs.forumotion.com
An8rchy
Baby Digimon

PostSubject: Re: Afraid that the server won't open in a good European time   Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:02 pm

Thing is that i already had things in crates, but i wanted to also play, so i didnt sealed them, i had more than enough time to seal them before the reset and leave it at that :/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EinDudu
DigiEgg
DigiEgg

PostSubject: Re: Afraid that the server won't open in a good European time   Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:56 pm

Cyan, I wouldn't say 4 days = last minute  scratch. (You did specify Monday at midnigth. So in the morning one would assume its ok to quickly fill your inventory, if you already had (previously) left things ready.) If someone is still playing on the server, do you expect them to be caring everything around in their inventory? I guess that decision migth chase away some active players that now would not be in the mood to grind again, but you own the server (with Superfuzzygoat) so we have to respect how you manage it.

Nonetheless, I think you could be a bit more flexible since this was a "3rd-party" issue, people dont have any fault that there was an outage coinciding with the update/mantainance time. This is not the usual "But I never read the forum..." or/and "I didnt know how to get there (the forum)" kinda situations/replies.

(sorry for the long post and if something isnt written in understandable english)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cyan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Afraid that the server won't open in a good European time   Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:51 pm

You misunderstand what I mean by last minute.

I put up the announcement of the reset a month ahead of time. Most people had there stuff packed away and went inactive about a week after the announcement.

I have no qualms with people playing up until the final few days, but it is ultimately your responsibility if you are caught by an unexpected problem, like the host going down for four days.

Yes, it is unfortunate that there was a third party issue for four days straight, and only having the server open for half a day before the reset. But you had Twenty Six other daysto be prepared for the reset.

I don't feel sympathetic to the whining in the slightest here. The reason I put this up a month ahead of time is so that people could not complain that they were taking a break and didn't know, as that has happened in the past.

If you did not check this forum for a month, or you waited nearly the entire month to start preparing, it is ultimately on you.

I have a job. And (today) is my only day off this week to work on the server. I'm not delaying the update for a few individuals who did not heed the announcement at the beginning of the month. If I were to wait on every individual, I would be reverting the server in a month from that one guy who is upset that he's been gone for 6 months and didn't know about the reset.

tl;dr- I understand that the host having issues the last couple of days definitely wasn't ideal, but not being prepared before then is absolutely no one's fault but your own. And that's my final thought on the subject.
Back to top Go down
An8rchy
Baby Digimon

PostSubject: Re: Afraid that the server won't open in a good European time   Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:32 am

Take this as a civilized response

Cyan, you are basically saying that, me wanting to play and having 2 days (weekend) to put things in crates is last minute.. thats wrong. 2 days would be more than enough to do it. You are calling me whiny for wanting to play on your server but an outage unable me to store things in my inventory? That's not only rude but bad, as a person of your position, to do.
What you are transmitting with your last post is that you would happily do the reset mid-month and you would still blame people who didn't had things ready. Saying that they should have prepared sooner ...

4 days of downtime is a lot of time.. And most certainly enough to pack everything. You are being very insensitive to people that actually wanted to play, but you still went through the reset without a hitch thinking that 4 days was nothing.

In my opinion more time was needed, but sure as hell i am not going to grind all the digimon i had just because you didnt wanted to wait more time..
For how good you as a modder are, you can't put yourself in the shoes of players and see that this isnt affecting me, its affecting people that wanted to play
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cyan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Afraid that the server won't open in a good European time   Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:37 am

I think you need to go read my last post a little closer. The first thing you should realize is that I was responding to EinDudu, not you

No, Again, for the second time, im not saying that you having only weekends to play is waiting until the last minute. You've had three other completely problem free weekends to begin preparing. By waiting until days before something that had been scheduled a month prior, you are waiting until the last minute

No idea how to even respond to the mid month comment. You are apparently reading what you want to hear with that one. What I said is that it doesn't matter how much length of time I have given people in the past to prepare for something go on the server, someone always pops up at the end and complains that they didn't know about it. Posting it a month ahead of time, and virtually spamming it in the
announcements on the server, made sure that no one could use that excuse with a valid claim.

4 days is a lot of down time. You're right. And in no way could I do anything about it. It was out of my hands.

No, I'm not being insensitive to those who play on the server. No, more time was not needed. You still had 26/30 days to be prepared. YOU are being insensitive, because despite me even mentioning that yesterday was my only free day for the entire week to try and update the server due to having real life obligations, such as a job, decide that you still want to be "civil" and whine that you didn't have enough time.

I'm not setting back a months worth of preparation for a few people who chose not to start preparing until the final few days. Because I am a busy person, and because this has been planned for a month. I'm not delaying a months worth of preparation for a few players while the majority of the player base sits and waits reasonably patiently for the update they were promised a month ago.

Reality check, you are the only one being insensitive and rather selfish and unaware to everyone else around you.

If you do not like my response, you are free to go elsewhere. Or join the merry band of haters that come around every few months to try and give me grief. Your call.

Otherwise, I am now locking this thread. You should probably redefine your definition of civil before attempting any more posts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Afraid that the server won't open in a good European time   

Back to top Go down

Afraid that the server won't open in a good European time
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1