Digimobs Forum

Forum for the Minecraft Mod Digimobs

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Sub-Biome idea

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
KnightDemon
In-Training Digimon
In-Training Digimon

PostSubject: Sub-Biome idea   Sat May 07, 2016 4:58 pm

This idea first came about from a thought of having more worldgen but without having it be super random. The idea evolved after I looked at Pokecube and saw that they had a sub-biome system where certain pokemobs can spawn.

To me it seemed like a silly idea, but the more I thought about it, the better it seemed, and an expansion on it came to mind. First off the idea of a sub-biome would be a "biome" of sorts, where it can be found within other biomes but changes how things interact and spawn.

Lets use an example, or several, such as a "nursery sub-biome" and a "machine city sub-biome".
The nursery sub-biome could spawn inside of a woodlands biome, digimon wouldn't be able to walk inside of the biome due to their AI telling them not to or something, essentially a safezone. Certain blocks and such could spawn inside this sub-biome and even when you press F3 it comes up as a "nursery sub-biome" instead of "woodlands".

The machine city sub-biome would spawn inside a ruins biome, showing what it was like before destruction. High level digimon could spawn here or even low levels that are safe. The rare ones could spawn too.

The second part to this idea is the part I want to talk about, the sub-biome can be destroyed completely and become part of the regular biome, OR you could build a sub-biome yourself and creating the area. This would allow special areas to be buildable and allow other things to do in the mod. Building a "File City" sub-biome or something where friendly npc like digimon could spawn or just have your digimon be out of vpet and act like npc's whilst in the sub-biome.

Hope you liked this idea, and would really like some sort of feedback on it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taso
In-Training Digimon
In-Training Digimon

PostSubject: Re: Sub-Biome idea   Sat May 07, 2016 5:45 pm

Building your own sub-biomes? That sounds amazing, especially if it would allow for dedicated servers to create very diverse digital worlds. I've noticed that I don't see some types of Digimon nearly as much anymore, so it would be nice to make biomes just for them to live in.

Having a feature like this might allow plenty of creative freedoms within servers, I'd love to see a host make a train sub-biome with railroad tracks and whatnot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Sub-Biome idea
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1