Digimobs Adventure Forum

Forum for the Digimobs Adventure server.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

A few last-minute suggestions

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Namkcaws
In-Training Digimon
In-Training Digimon

PostSubject: A few last-minute suggestions   Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:25 pm

I WAS gonna do this sooner, but Irma nixed the internet for a week, so I'm obvs a tad late. With a week to go, figured I'd add my input before the version switch:

Is it possible to add another ore-related mod? Seeing as Tinker's has options for additional ores, I figured it'd expand the whole thing further. Doesn't need to add a whole lotta ores, either - just the ones Tinker's has support for.

On that note, I know this question probly belongs in another topic, but it's also relevant to Tinker's, so I may as well ask it here to avoid making another thread for it: Will Digimobs have support for Tinker's (eventually, since I'm guessin' that hasn't been implemented at the moment, and first things first)? As in, will there be the ability to use Zoid parts? I mean, why not? Stick an Obby Zoid Sword blade onto a Diamond hilt? Modifiers that are Zoid-exclusive? Sounds awesome to me!

I DID toss around the notion in my head about suggesting Biomes O' Plenty, but....ehhhh, MIGHT be overdoing it. Might be kinda unnecessary when ya have an entire other dimension's worth of biomes - although those are claim-protected so I suppose they don't count server-wise.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HalfFarmandabr0
Baby Digimon

PostSubject: Re: A few last-minute suggestions   Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:44 pm

I will try to answer to the best of my Non-Mod Coder information

Short answer:
1: possible but would have to make sure everything plays nice
2: possible but might be more effort then Cyan wants or will ever want to deal with
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cyan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A few last-minute suggestions   Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:08 pm

...You'll have to excuse Farm. That's not really how any of this works, and his jumping to conclusions is really kind of senseless.

1. I don't see the point in adding in more than one ore-related mod. It's a little redundant to have a bunch of things just for the sake of having them.

2. I went and briefly skimmed over TC, and I unfortunately don't see any notes on the API being updated past 1.7.10. If that were to be the case, then it is actually impossible to add support for digimobs ores into TC. Though any actual information on the newer versions of TC is few and far between, so if you happen to come across anything about their API for other mods, I would consider that then.

3. More biome mods are a no for the same reason they have always been. There's only a finite amount of IDs for biomes in minecraft. Biome's O Plenty, last I checked, takes ALL of them. And so it is mostly incompatible with other mods that add biomes.

Sure, you can play them together, but you'll either be missing biomes from BOP, or from the other mod in question.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://digimobs.forumotion.com
Namkcaws
In-Training Digimon
In-Training Digimon

PostSubject: Re: A few last-minute suggestions   Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:02 pm

Well, depends on if any of the other ores have any benefits that would be missing as a result - which I'm not sure of since I haven't really used TC before. I've just recently started a 1.11.2 singleplayer world to get familiar with it.

DAMMIT, I was hoping it'd be possible to us Zoid for our weapons....oh well. :V

Eh, like I said, it would be overkill anyway. Didn't know it sucked up every available biome ID, though; didn't really notice it when I tested it w/ the 1.10 version - although I wasn't specifically LOOKING for which biomes were bumping out which other biomes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A few last-minute suggestions   

Back to top Go down

A few last-minute suggestions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Digimobs Adventure Forum :: Digimobs_Adventure Server :: Adventure_Suggestions-
Jump to: