Digimobs Forum

Forum for the Minecraft Mod Digimobs

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

1.11.2 Update, Overworld reset, and other important info to be aware of in the next month

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cyan
Admin

PostSubject: 1.11.2 Update, Overworld reset, and other important info to be aware of in the next month   Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:51 pm

Okay, let's get this out of the way now. The overworld will be resetting

For those who may have been around for a while now, you know this server started way back in 1.8.9. At that point in time, there was a rather large shift in the multiplayer landscape of Minecraft with the destruction of Bukkit, and the creation of Sponge in its place. While it was great that there was a quick solution to modded 1.8.9 multiplayer, it didn't come without it's issues. As you may have noticed, we have gone through several 1.8.9 and 1.10.2 plugins due to them being either extremely beta and buggy, or the developers just cancelling them all together.

This has lead to two rather important things:

1. Quite a few of our main plugins(griefprevention, PermissionsEx,among others) being bugged and in the case of PEx, no longer being updated. The version of GriefPrevention were are using is actually so buggy, that trying to update it to a later version is not compatible with old claims.

2. Exploiters. You know who you are, and you better hope that I don't find out who you are. We have had several people exploiting some of these issues. Some unintentionally, some not so much. This has lead to people being able to horde large masses of money, dupe digimon eggs, and raid the mass amount of abandoned homes that are not removed properly(again, a griefprevention bug). Not to mention the x-rayers that constantly think "I didn't read the rules, please unban me" is going to fly.

On top of that, 1.11.2 adds a bunch of new world generated stuff, which will be impossible for people to get on an old, bordered world.

That is why, when we update the mod to 1.11.2, we will also be giving the server an overhaul. What that means:

1. We will be resetting the overworld. We will be allowing people to only take what they can carry in their inventories and enderchests into the new world.
2. We will not be moving houses. This was a pain to do the last time, and people don't seem to understand we can't move entire chunks because they built their "houses" into large structures. Not only that, but I only offered to move houses last time to accommodate members of an older digimobs server where the people in charge were not only neglectful, but treating their members wrong to begin with.
2.5 We may be resetting everyone's money, due to that money exploit I mentioned earlier. If we do so, we will compensate by giving everyone a starting balance of 5000 for the first two weeks or so.
3. We will be keeping a backup of the current overworld, in case an easier method to transfer large amounts of area does become available, and we decide to offer it in the future.
4. New plugins. We will be updating old ones that still work, and finally we will be able to use some current ones that are bugged to their fullest extent. (This means adding a /sellhand command, for all of those who keep pestering me about why there currently isn't one)
5. New mods. Currently we will be adding Tinker's Constructs and Animania to the server. Again, to do TC any justice, it would have required a new world anyway.
6. BECAUSE this server update is going to be so extensive, the server may be down for multiple days to get everything set straight. You can blame my poor upload speeds and a busy schedule for that one. I MIGHT be able to get it done in one day, or it may take several.
Please don't blow me up with messages about not being able to connect to the server at this time. Especially since I've given fair warning a month ahead of time. I probably will have less patience on those who do.

The server will tentatively go down for this maintenance/update at Midnight EST, on October 2nd. You have a whole month to get things sorted out, so I won't be taking any pity on those who come to me later and say "I didn't know"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://digimobs.forumotion.com
Cyan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1.11.2 Update, Overworld reset, and other important info to be aware of in the next month   Yesterday at 1:34 pm

This is a "for your information" post.

Upon working through the kinks in updating from 1.10.2 to 1.11.2, I have discovered that Minecraft has almost entirely reworked the inventory code.

What this means for digimobs:
I would highly not recommend putting anything important in digimon's inventories for the update and reset. While I haven't actually encountered any issues, it's not something I can extensively test in a short amount of time, and the potential for 1.11.2 not to recognize the items in the inventories is potentially there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://digimobs.forumotion.com

1.11.2 Update, Overworld reset, and other important info to be aware of in the next month
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1