Digimobs Forum

Forum for the Minecraft Mod Digimobs

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Regarding the Digimobs Wiki

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nanokarp
Baby Digimon

PostSubject: Regarding the Digimobs Wiki   Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:56 am

Hi everyone!

I have decided to get rid of all the extra notes saying Model made by and Texture made by. I know it is nice to have credit for work you did on models, but it's too much of a hassle for me to go and find out who exactly did what for a model. Thanks to Nixkix, I will be making a Credits page on the wiki, with all the names of the people who have helped create the models/textures/animations and other things.

I will start getting rid of them today, October 12th, and would not appreciate it if people start putting them back. If you have a problem with me taking the credits down, send me a private message with a good reason to keep them, and you will get the job of keeping those credits up for each and every digimon in the mod.

Another note. I would appreciate it if people would use an account to make edits to the wiki. I want to keep track of people who are helping me greatly, or troublemakers who put nonsense on the wiki. I have no problem blocking account users temporarily and anonymous users permanently (through IP) from editing the wiki.

If you would like to help me keep the wiki up to date, please send me a pm or reply to this post with your info. If you happen to be Dutch, like me, please send the message in English, since I need to see how your English is compared to mine.

Any thoughts on the wiki can be posted here.

All the best,
Nano
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DuskChan
Rookie Digimon
Rookie Digimon

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the Digimobs Wiki   Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:21 pm

Not to sound rude but i highly dislike this idea... Keeping them there wouldn't be a problem would it?

EDIT: First off, having those who are still there is still really nice and i think it truly credits the person who made it instead of making a list of people that helped with who knows what, i usually look at models for inspiration and it really helps me and i truly appreciated knowing who did what for those models which had these "Extra Notes" and i thinks its kinda interesting to see each individual style of each modeller who has helped with the mod, and as stated before its really nice and i highly appreciate them being there and it just feels kinda inconvenient to remove them from the ones who has already been added. Also isn't it your like "job" like not that way i mean its your way of helping the mod which i truly appreciate and its your choice and all and you decide when to quit and you do it for the fun and ik all that but it being a "hassle" for not knowing who did them sounds kinda silly... We modellers go through tons of hassles making em and we give up a lot of times and get bored out of it but those times when we truly put an high amount of effort into it and make something that we feel looks good and will be appreciated by other people its kinda nice to know that everyone who sees these models at least knows who made them, also if needed i could help with putting in all those names and ask around and idk but I'd rather give a lot of my time into giving credit to all those amazing people who has helped this mod for such a long time instead of doing nothing and if cyan was here he would probably tell me to go back to work on the Floramon model but this is just my opinion. Also I don't want to start any drama or anything and if you interpreted that i did then please accept my sincerest apologies.

Last edited by Cyan on Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:47 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Your post was edited to take out all the unneccessary bashing over a foreign person's english spelling instead of out right deleted because you made some decent points.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VenomSeraphimon
In-Training Digimon
In-Training Digimon

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the Digimobs Wiki   Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:25 pm

dusk, it costs loads of hours to add all in, and we dont even know who made all desings, and just lika nano said, if you come up with a good reason whe may add yours back at each of youre digimon again

EDIT: i already changed laods into loads and i trully understand you, but whe can maby (nano chooses not I ) add yourse back in and of some others, but like 50% off all already had non of this made by stuff and whe dont know who made the ones of those we have deleted today, so (only nano can make the choise) we can maby add those back of the people whe know or say it to us about what they made, whe cant do more (and i repeat again, its Nano's choice)

Last edited by VenomSeraphimon on Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:50 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DuskChan
Rookie Digimon
Rookie Digimon

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the Digimobs Wiki   Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:44 pm

Saw you corrected your spelling but it still aint right... Sorry if I'm being a nuisance ;n;

Now if you excuse me i gotta train a lil' bit on my new violin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VenomSeraphimon
In-Training Digimon
In-Training Digimon

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the Digimobs Wiki   Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:52 pm

oh and i dont see it as that you start a drama, i think its just good you come up fore what you believe is the right thing

Last edited by VenomSeraphimon on Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:02 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : keep finding grammar errors xD)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VenomSeraphimon
In-Training Digimon
In-Training Digimon

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the Digimobs Wiki   Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:08 pm

dusk, they are gonna get rolebacked, so youu probbaly get them back quite soon
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nanokarp
Baby Digimon

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the Digimobs Wiki   Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:13 pm

Dusk , I have to apologize to you and all the modelers. I haven't handled this correctly, and I'm sorry for that. It wasn't right of me to just go ahead and have Neos get rid of all the credits. I do however think that a central page with all the credits would have been a good idea. But since Knight and Cyan want it the way it was, it's going to be like that, and Knight is adding all the missing credits as we speak.
What I do ask of you, please have at least a little bit of punctuation or new lines in your paragraphs, it makes it really hard for me to read.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DuskChan
Rookie Digimon
Rookie Digimon

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the Digimobs Wiki   Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:54 am

Well I was quite in a hurry so i didn't have that much time to write my msg, anyways i looked a lil' bit on the wikia and i saw Bearmon's model didn't have the credit even though the modeller (Taso) posted it here on the forums. I'd recommend checking the models that's been submitted in the Model Submissions Nano.

EDIT: Monmon and Cyclonemon as well
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VenomSeraphimon
In-Training Digimon
In-Training Digimon

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the Digimobs Wiki   Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:04 pm

whe where already trying to find out who made bearmons new model, and how do you mean edit monmon and cyclonemon? did taso also made those?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DuskChan
Rookie Digimon
Rookie Digimon

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the Digimobs Wiki   Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:11 pm

Check the section "Model Submissions" on the forums T^^T
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the Digimobs Wiki   

Back to top Go down