Digimobs Forum

Forum for the Minecraft Mod Digimobs

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Digimon Variations.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sirpokesprite
In-Training Digimon
In-Training Digimon

PostSubject: Digimon Variations.   Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:07 pm

On the digimon adventure server, I saw people talking about variations and things for digimon, so I decided to give my opinion on that and make a topic for people to discuss what they think it should be like.

One of the ideas were color variations and size variations. In my opinion, I would like both in the game. There would be average digimon and rarely there would be special colored ones or digimon with abnormal sizes. For example, there would be a normal Agumon, but then there would be a red colored one. Then there would be a giant and a small Agumon variant. Special Colored digimon would be the rarest version out of the options and would be mainly aesthetic, but it could also provide an increase in EXP and BIT drops for what the digimon kills. For giant and mini digimon, Giants would have higher defense and attack the larger they are while mini digimon would have higher speed and brains the smaller they are. Their remaining stats except for health would be lowered in scale with their stat increases. Any thoughts? What does everyone else think variant digimon should be like? Note, that other people made this idea. I simply gave my thoughts on how it may work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sirpokesprite.deviantart.com/
Aruganis
In-Training Digimon
In-Training Digimon

PostSubject: Re: Digimon Variations.   Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:37 am

If I can be honest here, I'm rather conflicted about this.
Size variations I like, to some extent, especially if it might affect stats, but color variations I can't get behind. It seems too much like a pokemon/pixelmon rip-off.
The way I see it, digimon already has it's own "color variations" for various digimon, but they are treated as separate creatures, such as Agumon, Black Agumon, and SnowAgumon. They're all agumon but still unique. Throwing in "special colored" digimon just seems like its meant to copy pokemon's shinies, and if given special rewards for killing, pixelmon's bosses. However, I do also realize that one of the digimon world games did the same, as far as I'm aware, that was the only case. Now if the color variations actually had some uniqueness to them, and be "rare" digimon with different stats or something, or equipment for digimon as "skins" or something, I would be more inclined to go along with it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sirpokesprite
In-Training Digimon
In-Training Digimon

PostSubject: Re: Digimon Variations.   Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:44 pm

I agree. The concept of 'color variations' is too close to the concept of 'shinies' in pokemon. And it loses it's purpose when there are separate digimon species that are essentially color variations. The idea of color variations was something discussed by others and my addition to the idea was for the boost in EXP and BITS. If they were to have different stats compared to a normal digimon though, what stats would be boosted or decreased? Would all of them be increased due to it's rarity?
Back to top Go down
ldegroodt115
Rookie Digimon
Rookie Digimon

PostSubject: Re: Digimon Variations.   Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:54 pm

I have to concur with Aruganis. Not a fan of the colors, but the size could be interesting & add some more natural-looking diversity rather then a hot pink Gallantmon. I prefer the "regular" digimon, so if there was something to set a tamed digimon's size and/or color to the digimon's default (look) for us boring players, that would be very much appreciated. I'm leaning to the aesthetic only side if there are colored/differently sized digimon of the same species.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kometu
Baby Digimon

PostSubject: Re: Digimon Variations.   Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:01 pm

I think the size variation and collour variation is a great idea but i think it should be player controlled.
lets say you get an egg from a boss. you can try to hatch it fast but the digi would turn out small, or you can let it take its time and it wil get bigger.
but lets trow a new ellement to this equation. lets say the collour variants change depending on what biome it hatches in. like plains biome is normal, woodlands has a green tint to it, trench has blue etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sirpokesprite
In-Training Digimon
In-Training Digimon

PostSubject: Re: Digimon Variations.   Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:30 pm

Seems the majority opinion is either no color variations or purely aesthetic. I can understand that, considering there are already color variations for digimon (Agumon, Black Agumon, etc.) and it seems too inspired by shinies from pokemon. So let's talk about sizes. Kometu said that they could be controlled depending on the rate of a digimon's hatching. That would be a good way to help determine what style stat wise you want a digimon to be. But what about wild digimon? Would resizes be natural as well? Maybe boss digimon could have this size variation to them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Digimon Variations.   

Back to top Go down

Digimon Variations.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1