Digimobs Forum

Forum for the Minecraft Mod Digimobs

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Tag Wearing

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
blitzblader02
Baby Digimon

PostSubject: Tag Wearing   Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:16 am

You should add an extra Slot in the armor area where you can equip a tag with a crest in it so when you're walking around it would show on your character. I think that would be really nice Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KumaZone
In-Training Digimon
In-Training Digimon

PostSubject: Re: Tag Wearing   Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:18 am

it would be like not even 2 pixels big though, so it'd be kinda pointless
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SidEpaul
Baby Digimon

PostSubject: Re: Tag Wearing   Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:31 pm

that would be awesome
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuinB
In-Training Digimon
In-Training Digimon

PostSubject: Re: Tag Wearing   Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:17 pm

KumaZone wrote:
it would be like not even 2 pixels big though, so it'd be kinda pointless
I'm sure if this was added, there would be tweaks to make it fit. Although, it would be hard to do.

To blitz:
If you want this to become a reality, I think you'd have to wait a while because of other digimon releases. If you want something in-game, probably try making it yourself and ask the devs to put it in. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blitzblader02
Baby Digimon

PostSubject: Re: Tag Wearing   Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:08 pm

Quin, I would probably like to try to make it on my own when I can get the time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KnightDemon
In-Training Digimon
In-Training Digimon

PostSubject: Re: Tag Wearing   Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:25 pm

Adding something that can be seen on the player and adding an extra slot into the inventory screen can get tricky. First off to add something to the player render, you have to edit or extend the player render which can cause plenty of conflicts with other mods THEN making compatibility checks for each mod it conflicts with, an example could be the smooth animation mod (don't know the name) that allows the player to sneak with bent knees, and even swim instead of bobbing. That affects the player render.
Adding an extra slot into the inventory can also cause conflicts, you'd have to either make a separate inventory or edit the base vanilla one, you should be able to guess how that will completely affect other compatibility's. It is certainly easier than affecting the player render though, but not by much.

There are two ways you could have the player wear a tag without causing many if any conflicts at all.
1. Have the tag be a 3D armour that goes into one of the vanilla armour slots, most likely the chest but you could have it as the helmet so it still allows you to have the chest armour equipped. Boots and legs... wouldn't feel right.
2. Add a compatibility with the Baubles mod and make the tags be equipped in the necklace slot, and having it render either a 3D model or just a 2D texture.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
naemx
In-Training Digimon
In-Training Digimon

PostSubject: Re: Tag Wearing   Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:29 pm

KnightDemon

I have an idea for things like this
add a new item in the update of tri's 3th movie a Digimon Adventure 02 D-Terminal
bc they have been shown in the trailer and they may have to do something with it idk
anyways the D-Terminal will have a gui that u can put in it a digimental or a crest and the crest will show on the player chest and the D-Terminal can be used to msg an offline user or something like and email

a second method is to make a crafting recipe that u can combine a crest and a chestplate for every crest so another a whole bunch of them like "Iron Chestplate Crest Of Love" and when the chestplate
break the crest drop so u can use it later
and it can be reversed to so when u put the chestplate with that tag on it it will give u the crest BUT removes the chestplate
this is just an idea Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tag Wearing   

Back to top Go down

Tag Wearing
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1