Digimobs Forum

Forum for the Minecraft Mod Digimobs

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Digimon-Trading custom NPCs

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RWer
In-Training Digimon
In-Training Digimon

PostSubject: Digimon-Trading custom NPCs   Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:22 am

I think it would be fun and a good way for players to use Bits if there were an area where a player could trade a Digimon that can be raised from a DigiEgg bought from a vending machine in order to get one that is either a rarer line, more popular or any just not available from Digivolving the Eggs you would buy from the vending machines.

The Digimon available to be traded would change every so often.
The player can only trade once for each available Digimon.
Stats and digivolve level would be the same such as a champion for a champion, ultimate for an ultimate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuinB
In-Training Digimon
In-Training Digimon

PostSubject: Re: Digimon-Trading custom NPCs   Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:14 pm

I disagree with this. I think that it wouldn't give the spark of immersion to just get a Dorumon for a wormmon or something of that nature. Agumon for Veemon? Not too fair. It would also happen to break the economy, which we don't want this early. I'd agree for certain eggs, but no like Dorumons or the extremely rare ones. Perhaps you could give a list of what would be traded.

My idea is that this would be very limited, and you can't use the argument "But if I trained them to that level, why can't I get another digimon to trade it for?" because let's think about this (not dorumon example lol)

Say I got a super rare egg from a boss, and someone else has that digimon from a trade. How would you think the community would respond if something like that happened. Trading hasn't really been a thing in digimon as it was in Pokemon, so it wouldn't fit into the digimobs vibe either. Also, where would your sense of achievement be? If I got a digimon like Paildramon(who counts as an ultimate) couldn't I trade that for a Monzaemon or WaruMonzaemon, I believe those are the hardest digis to get as ultimates (debatable)

Let's think about the economy. I went over how it would break, and how it would annoy the community, but lets use one final example for the economy. This is an example btw, I don't know the actual prizes of digieggs. Razz
Let's say I got a BotaEgg from a boss, now how much are they worth? 5k or so? I think something like that. Well, with the edition of this trade mechanic, wouldn't it be going down in prices even more? I think that going down in prices is good for some things (cough cough chromedigizoid cough cough) but for eggs it isn't, I think that if this happened, the BotaEgg would possibly go from 5k to 3 - 2k.

TL;DR - Rip economy and fun

Thanks for reading though Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Digimon-Trading custom NPCs
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1