Digimobs Forum

Forum for the Minecraft Mod Digimobs

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Hyokomon has appeared!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DuskChan
Rookie Digimon
Rookie Digimon

PostSubject: Hyokomon has appeared!    Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:12 am

Ok, made this while grieving for my Pandamon but anyways... Heres my Hyokomon model and the texture is probs gonna be improved but i just felt like i wanted to post it asap so here it is  bounce  bounce  bounce

And yes ik it looks like it has seen something it shouldnt have seen but deal with it elephant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taso
In-Training Digimon
In-Training Digimon

PostSubject: Re: Hyokomon has appeared!    Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:21 pm

There are a few advanced techniques being used here, so I like that, such as within the legs and the cracks of the egg. The wings could maybe be 3d instead of 2d, but I'll leave that to Knight. All in all, great job!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Youtubeh
Baby Digimon

PostSubject: Re: Hyokomon has appeared!    Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:17 pm

you have a great talent dusk Very Happy, congratulations I hope see more your templates
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DuskChan
Rookie Digimon
Rookie Digimon

PostSubject: Re: Hyokomon has appeared!    Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:18 pm

Thanks Youtubeh but I'm miles away from the word "Great" and such, i mean... Taso and Knight is like so much better than me but i hope i can be on their level someday bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
boom1327
In-Training Digimon
In-Training Digimon

PostSubject: Re: Hyokomon has appeared!    Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:53 pm

I hope Knight green lights this and the Chichimon so I get a ninja birdy. Great work again Dusk!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SidEpaul
Baby Digimon

PostSubject: Re: Hyokomon has appeared!    Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:41 pm

what did you use to make it i want to make a digimon to pls telll me
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ldegroodt115
Rookie Digimon
Rookie Digimon

PostSubject: Re: Hyokomon has appeared!    Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:35 pm

SidEpaul wrote:
what did you use to make it i want to make a digimon to pls telll me
Techne.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KnightDemon
In-Training Digimon
In-Training Digimon

PostSubject: Re: Hyokomon has appeared!    Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:42 pm

Okay I'm here at last.

First off, good looking model, plenty of the more advanced techniques like Taso has mentioned, and plenty of effort clearly put into it.
I do have a few notes and possible edit's I'd like you to do though.
1. The feet, I've spotted that the actual feet themselves (not the legs) are not symmetrical to each other. (p.s the legs aren't in the middle of the egg, design choice?)
2. The bow on the front of the sword sash, is facing the wrong direction, I would say also make it the same thickness as the sash, but offset it by 0.3 or something so it's clearly in front of the sash. If need be separate the bow into 3 sections and colour like you have done to show the different depths.
3. Taso mentioned the wings, they're right, I would prefer to have the wings be thicker than 0 purely because this one's a Rookies, I also know it will be quite difficult to get the same level of texture detail into it, but I'm sure by now you've learned quite a bit and should be able to do this, attempt the angled parts for the round off instead of instant block edge.
4. The beak doesn't feel right to me, as though its too flat and wide? It's hard to explain my thoughts on this, sorry.
5. The sword. Nice, but a lot that could change with it, I would say redesign the entire sword to be similar to Ninjamon's (he's in the mod already) so that It would be possible for Hyokomon to strike with it, if you can't do this part then don't fear. I could always change that around afterwards. If you do decide to try, then apart from above, it's positioning is too far from the sash (imo), moving it closer to be inside the sash but out enough that the texture doesn't clash would be nice. The texture on the handle I would say needs adjusting, OR have the handle itself rotated (warning, don't attempt in techne, weird Y rotation bug in Techne that renders differently from in-game, I can do later if need be)

The hair, albeit it 0 thick and "could" be thicker, doesn't need it. The hair itself in any picture I find of Hyokomon has only the front facing angle, and therefore unable to get a good read on the hairstyle. Leaving it 0 thickness with plenty of detail will be good enough though.

You've done a good job on this, now to see what you'll do for this one, but any future models you make (I read the message about Opossumon, Dolpmon and Cutemon).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hyokomon has appeared!    

Back to top Go down

Hyokomon has appeared!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1