Digimobs Forum

Forum for the Minecraft Mod Digimobs

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Getting Digimon

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Alicia Jewel
DigiEgg
DigiEgg

PostSubject: Getting Digimon   Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:03 pm

As it stands, the way the mod works now, if you lose your starter Digimon without having collected anymore eggs, you're screwed. This is especially troublesome for newer players who haven't had the time/luck to go hunting for eggs from bosses or, in the case of multiplayer games, haven't been able to grind up enough money to buy a new egg from another player. Yes, there's no doubt that you should be careful not to lose your starting Digimon, but many new players aren't fully aware of how the game works and don't have the experience to know how to protect their Digimon from death. Thus, for the sake of new players who may lose their starting Digimon and have no others to take its place, I propose two possible solutions:

1. Bring back taming but only have it work with certain Digimon such as Baby Digimon and/or the Digimon you can choose at the start of the game. This way, players have another way of getting Digimon without giving them easy access to powerful/rare Digimon.

2. Make it so that bosses will drop eggs if defeated by wild Digimon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cyan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Getting Digimon   Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:08 pm

Alicia Jewel wrote:

2. Make it so that bosses will drop eggs if defeated by wild Digimon.
Not even going to really reply to the first part, because taming "only baby digimon" creates the same problem that it would taming any other digimon. All you have to do is raise a massive meat farm and then tame an army of baby digimon.

Taming isn't coming back.

As for #2, I tried that upon first changing the way eggs are obtained. People exploited it to no end by dragging digimon over to the boss one after another until they finally wear it down. Again not happening.

Many new players may not be fully be aware of how to play the mod, which is why I highly suggest people read the wiki and play in single player first and foremost.

In almost any game you play, hopping on to multiplayer immediately without knowing how to first play the game is a good way to to end up not having a clue and getting roasted alive. Digimobs is no different.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://digimobs.forumotion.com
RWer
In-Training Digimon
In-Training Digimon

PostSubject: Re: Getting Digimon   Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:54 pm

I wouldn't say that a player is "screwed" once their digimon dies. Only the digi training is paused but that now makes time for other important things, like the Minecraft part of the game. You will need a base, farm and to mine up some resources to sell in order to buy your claim blocks and Digizoid ingots for the digi improvements you'll need.

But on the other hand i agree that its frustrating to lose a digimon so quick soon after starting especially if this is a mod someone is excited to play. At this point, the hatch time is a high price to pay for the ignorance. But by no means is the current way of fighting or generally keeping your digimon not-dead too hard. Especially when you read the wiki or give single player 5 minutes. But people will be people and many people dont do those things and they let their digimon die.

What i suggest instead is some kind of break for people new to the mod like a decreased hatch-time but only for the first death. Even those of us those has read the wiki and tried single player make mistakes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting Digimon   

Back to top Go down

Getting Digimon
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1