Digimobs Forum

Forum for the Minecraft Mod Digimobs

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

In regards to possibly streamlining Digimon storage a little?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
KumaZone
In-Training Digimon
In-Training Digimon

PostSubject: In regards to possibly streamlining Digimon storage a little?   Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:24 am

Ok so like, When I play digimon on my own or on the server, i always find myself hauling around like 9 v-pets, clogging up my inventory all the time, So my suggestion is  to have Digimon actually be stored in the Digivices themselves.

The idea is that a Digivice would have it's own capacity level or "memory storage" and each Digimon, depending on it's rank (rookie/champion/mega/ect.) would take up different amounts of that storage space. Of course Digivice types should stay just an aesthetic choice so every Digivice has the same max/default storage though (and v-pets would be counted as a type of Digivice, with a less costly crafting recipe)

Players would be able to obtain like, USB sticks containing more memory storage, or RAM upgrades for their Digivices via either crafting them(probably computer parts + data chips or cores?), or from Boss drops (stronger bosses dropping bigger capacity upgrades)

of course the issue that comes with this though would be how to deal with realizing/storing digimon, checking your stored digimon, interacting with an active digimon if it's all wrapped into one item, but i think you could potentially map a button on the keyboard to store/realize a digimon if you're holding a digivice, right click to check and active digimon, and shift right click to check all your stored digimon

This could also open up more options in terms of streamlining Digimon care in terms of like, Being able to just delete or "release" Digimon you don't want without having to leave them to die, Possibly performing Jogress evolution with just 1 digimon active, since the other would be stored in the Digivice, And managing all your Digimon's items and stats all in one spot cleanly and efficiently.

It would also help to avoid griefing and thievery on servers, as i've heard reports of people having all their V-Pet's stolen, thrown in lava, etc., And if people just keep all their Digimon on their person via a single Digivice or V-Pet they would no longer have to worry about leaving all their precious Digimon vulnerable in a box
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taso
In-Training Digimon
In-Training Digimon

PostSubject: Re: In regards to possibly streamlining Digimon storage a little?   Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:40 pm

This idea has a lot of potential, and I'll probably comment on it more later, but more details are definitely needed. How would the Digivice actually work, control-wise? How would you access the stats and Digivolution options? (Edit: Actually, after re-reading, you already answered this one xD, but I'm not sure if I like it too much.) How would switching your Digimon option work? Would you always have a small GUI on-screen that lets you switch through Digimon options, and then allow you to summon the one that's chosen? I'm assuming the GUI will change depending on whether or not you have a Digimon summoned. And I'm also assuming that only one Digimon can be summoned per Digivice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KumaZone
In-Training Digimon
In-Training Digimon

PostSubject: Re: In regards to possibly streamlining Digimon storage a little?   Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:54 pm

yeah i mean, it's definitely an idea that needs work, but like, it's just an idea so far lol
i was initially thinking that like, if you shift+right click holding a digivice it'd give you a list of the digimon it currently contains and you could click on them and it'd open a menu that says  "check/summon/release" or something, to enable you to have more than one digimon at a time out, but you'd have to bring them back in one at a time (by shift+right-clicking them) but that would be weirdly incovenient so i was thinking like you could "select" a digimon to have as your quick call/recall with like the N button or something
Back to top Go down
View user profile
boom1327
In-Training Digimon
In-Training Digimon

PostSubject: Re: In regards to possibly streamlining Digimon storage a little?   Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:53 pm

If this wouldn't work, you could also select a digimon with the digivice, have an option in the digivice that says store. To the issue with the check/ summon/ release, you could use this like a chest, for example, if you wanted to summon them, you dragged the digimon to the summon are, and vice verca for the the option. The only complication to this is that you would have to make icons for each digimon, though that could be fixed by making a icon for each level, and when you hover over the icon, it shows its name and what digimon it is (in case you nicknamed it).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In regards to possibly streamlining Digimon storage a little?   

Back to top Go down

In regards to possibly streamlining Digimon storage a little?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1