Digimobs Forum

Forum for the Minecraft Mod Digimobs

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

A few Suggestions for the Digimobs Mod

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sirpokesprite
In-Training Digimon
In-Training Digimon

PostSubject: A few Suggestions for the Digimobs Mod   Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:43 am

I've been looking and seeing the mod develop for a while now, and until just five minutes ago, I've realized that they had a form that suggestions can be posted at, so here are a few.

-Colossal, Legendary, and different Ranks for boss digimon. Boss digimon, so far, are digimon that have the chance to drop an egg on defeat along with rare items. They're also stronger. So, why not give them special ranks to it? Say, a RED title is a normal boss. A GREEN title is a Quest digimon that will spawn in when the questing system is in. A YELLOW title is a Colossal Digimon, a normal digimon with an immense size and power increase with a higher exp, bit, and drop yield. And a BLUE text are for legendary bosses that would only be in MEGA Form and would drop enchanted items for their set.

-Self sustaining blocks or items. A digimon has an inventory, so why not use it for more than just equipment and digivolution? Give us the ability to equip digimon with HP drives, MP drives, Foods, and maybe even some happiness sustaining items that will heal or provide FOR a digimon when we can't.

-Ability Equipment. Things like swords, armors, and accessories will play a big part in digimobs, right? So, let's give them some ability. Like, an armor that increase Exp slightly. A sword that provides life steal. A core that gives the ability of slow regeneration.

-Fan Digimon. This is probably one of the choices that is most likely not to be picked, but i'm putting it out there anyways. Start a patron page for donations.. have certain goals.. One of these goals could be the addition of an Easter Egg digimon that would be obtained through special digivolution or through eggs RARELY dropped by any random boss digimon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sirpokesprite.deviantart.com/
Taso
In-Training Digimon
In-Training Digimon

PostSubject: Re: A few Suggestions for the Digimobs Mod   Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:06 pm

Regarding fan Digimon, I don't think the team would be able to even give that suggestion any thought until we have a much bigger team. We have tons of lines that are still on top priority (Dark Masters, Royal Knights, Olympus Twelve, Seven Demon Lords, Devas, Sovereigns, Four Great Dragons, Ten Legendary Warriors, Three Muskateers, Crack Team, and not to mention all the main partner Digimon of each season), and each model is a ton of work on its own. For me it might typically take a week for one model. Not to mention that there are only mainly two modelers, and when I'm not here, there's only one. There isn't much time to be spent on fan models that would only really be able to satisfy one person, especially when we could make something like the Dracmon line for example, to satisfy lots of people.

Like stated in the other thread, boss Digimon can be done on the server-side. The self sustaining items you're suggesting seem pretty overpowered, and some of those kind of even take away from the actual consistent tamer+Digimon interactivity. As a tamer it's our job to make sure the Digimon is in top shape, if an item did that for us, then it's an absence of a particular game-play mechanic, making the game easier. More equipment with unique abilities would be nice, I agree with that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sirpokesprite
In-Training Digimon
In-Training Digimon

PostSubject: Re: A few Suggestions for the Digimobs Mod   Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:24 pm

Thanks for bringing up these points. Now that I look back over my suggestions, you are definantly right.

Fan digimon would be a hassle and would only satisfy one person out of the large group of people while adding existing digimon lines would make a large group of people happy.

Self Sustaining blocks would also create a disconnect between trainer and digimon, almost eliminating an entire aspect of the gameplay. The only reason I brought it up was for when players would need to wait for extended periods of time for their digimon to age and they may have to head to a different chunk during the time.
Back to top Go down
sirpokesprite
In-Training Digimon
In-Training Digimon

PostSubject: Re: A few Suggestions for the Digimobs Mod   Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:28 pm

My reason for the suggestion of implementation of multiple types of Boss Digimon is to give the player variety in a solo survival world. They wouldn't have to set anything up, like with the Custom NPCs mod of the Digimobs Adventure Server, and they'd still encounter epic beasts to fight. An idea I had was that certain BOSS digimon would have a very rare chance to drop an egg of a different race of digimon that wouldn't spawn normally in the world. Some of the eggs would hatch into pre-evolved digimon or DNA digivolved Digimon. For example, if you beat a YELLOW titled boss version of WarGreymon, you have a chance of an egg dropping that would give you Chimeramon.

My next idea, I had mentioned on the main forums for digimobs. It is the idea of Digimon Crossbreeding, something I've seen in the games of Digimon World Dusk and Dawn. The idea is to make a machine block we'll call the WiFi Hub. In this hub, two things can happen depending on whether you are in multiplayer or in single. If in Single player, you can put two digimon in their v-pets into the machine and after One full day cycle, you'd be provided a Digiegg. I know that the concept of digimon cross breeding to create an egg hasn't been mentioned much in the series or other sources (I think), but hear me out. Think of it like the collection of extra data. Each digimon in their V-pets would be set back a stage, but the removed data would be used to make an egg. Because of this, Fresh, In-training, and rookie digimon can not crossbreed. They don't have enough left over data. Between any two random digimon, an egg is randomly chosen from the two digimon's lines. However, if the digimon are a specific combination, a special egg is produced. This is referring to my previous suggestion and would be another method to get a special digivolution line.

On a side note, I think i'm just going to turn this into a little place i'll post any ideas for the mod. Same for my other post regarding the server.
Back to top Go down
sirpokesprite
In-Training Digimon
In-Training Digimon

PostSubject: Re: A few Suggestions for the Digimobs Mod   Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:38 pm

Another idea could be certain utility blocks. Like a deleter that could destroy anything put into it for when you have too many items. There could also be digizoid chests to help in storage.
Back to top Go down
KnightDemon
In-Training Digimon
In-Training Digimon

PostSubject: Re: A few Suggestions for the Digimobs Mod   Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:46 pm

sirpokesprite wrote:
Another idea could be certain utility blocks. Like a deleter that could destroy anything put into it for when you have too many items. There could also be digizoid chests to help in storage.

No need for a deleter block, sure it would add utility to blocks in Digimobs, but theres already a perfectly good Vanilla block (Lava), not to mention if you play with other mods installed they might also have a "trash can" kind of thing.

As for Digizoid chests, I personally don't feel a need for them. If you could expand on the idea, give us some insight to what you were thinking then it might be up for more discussion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sirpokesprite
In-Training Digimon
In-Training Digimon

PostSubject: Re: A few Suggestions for the Digimobs Mod   Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:16 am

The idea for the Digizoid Chests was to give them more than one purpose as a utility block. The first would to be a simple chest with slightly more space moving up the rank of digizoid along with providing an near to unbreakable storage space.

The next idea would to be a crafting item for an accessory (like the Large Digicore).

The first item would provide a means for the digimon with the accessory to pick up any items it happens to natural pass over and store them in it's inventory. This accessory would be made by using a red or blue digizoid chest and a saddle or leather.

The next accessory would allow digimon to gain additional EXP when it is worn. The item could also be given enchantments through an anvil to increase it's effectiveness. By how much and which enchantment, i'm unsure. The method to craft this accessory would be to surround a golden digizoid chest with book cases.

The last item would allow the chances of any items to drop along with rarer items to increase when it is worn. Seeing as this would make the gathering of materials a little more easy, it'd have to involve a gold chest and perhaps an encasement in one iron, gold, redstone, diamond, coal, emerald, Chrondigizoit, and one digi-core.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A few Suggestions for the Digimobs Mod   

Back to top Go down

A few Suggestions for the Digimobs Mod
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1